For those who are not from an IT background, a long weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) means either to head out for a small vacation or get all your pending items in the things to do note list a tick. Its that time when you want to finish off all that you had been procrastinating (this word itself could be a topic of a separate blog post) for a good long time be it as simple as getting that wardrobe organised,that book you have been wanting to read for long, giving your vehicle a wash or even catching up with a friend after a long time.(Gosh i had almost all of that in my to do list 😛 )
What i did on this long weekend finally was – Complete the book “To Kill a Mocking Bird“, organize my wardrobe, clean the aquarium and get another set of gold fish, meet not one but three friends, 🙂 pick my cousin sister from the airport and be a good host to her and yeah a long awaited flea market i would be attending tomorrow….now that’s some achievement with one more day still to go for the long weekend to get over with!!!! Looks like one of my new year resolution to stop procrastinating things is speeding up. yippeee!!!!
So my to do list apart from all the above, had one more major important thing to do, being the blogger i am, i had this list of award nominations that i had been waiting to respond from quiet sometime. Well one more reason for postponing it was, i had to search for nominees to pass on the awards and anybody i wanted to was already nominated more than once or had made their blog award free…so you see i always find a reason for postponing thing 😛 😛 😛 😉
Hence the disclaimer – this is gonna be one long post justifying the subject Long weekend & Long list of awards 🙂 I guess once in a while a lengthy post can be accepted. 😀 😀 Makes sense right, you write 7 random facts about you multiple times would make the list long, unless i am short of so many facts about myself 😛 😛 😛
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you Christina from Stealing Quiet Time In Noisy Disorder for the nomination, excuse the delay but you now know the reasons!! 🙂 This is one blog you wanna check out people, her love story is the kinds you read in books ❤ and you instantly feel “awwww-ed”.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
Shilpa, from iamabloggertoo for the love of God’s own country fellowship we Malayalis are all over the world physical and digital gal!! Thanks a ton for that award, appreciations boost up so much of your confidence 🙂 People now you need to head straight to her blog and read the Story section, specially the suspense ones are gripping and keeps you glued till the end.
The Word Magician Award
Sam, from The Starlit Octave Band Thanks a ton for that award, happy new year!!! 🙂 You know what I still remember my fav line from your facts and its written in my diary of fav qoutes
“I would say I’m very much “me” type
The one that is rare
For I love to stay original
Rather than fake my life”
Isn’t it a beauty friends??? I love this line of his and i wish we all inculcated this in our lives and am sure the feeling of insecurity would never knock your door. So go check those magical words Sam spins and leaves you coming back for more and more.
A bunch of Awards from the lovely NJ;)
Yeah, NJ from Ametalk has her own style just like how she showered me with a whole bunch of awards – Versatile Blogger, One Lovely Blog, Seal of Approval Blogger Recognition and Dragon’s Loyalty Awards!!! And i am pretty much sure most of my blog subscribers have NJ’s blog on their subscriber list as well. I really like her writings, she speaks about so many varied topics and the kind of warmth she has for her fellow bloggers is really overwhelming. If all that doesn’t make you go check out her site then what??? !!!!
The WAKAWAFU Award
There is a theory behind the WAKUWAFU Award and you can read more about it on DrowningWings who had nominated me for this encouraging and motivating award specially even more heartwarming as am a new blogger in this amazing blogging community. Thankuu!!! And for the rest of you who are still reading my longgggggg post the name Drowningwings is cause “you don’t need water to feel like your drowning ,your broken dreams will make you feel so” well thats the theory from the author Mansi who hails from a lovely place called Dehradun, India.
Blogger Interview Tag Award
This was the earliest on the long list of awards that i was supposed to respond to so i would want to end it with this one. I am thankful to 4yearoldadult – yeah you read it right, the 4 year old adult. And he has got an amazing range of topics on which he writes and as he says he is weird they are weird in a good way 😛 The Good-Kinda-Weird.
Random Facts About Me
- My family includes my dad, elder brother , sister in law and me
- I love doing everything possible in life, i wana learn everything
- Baking is something that is on my list to learn this year(or the next one)
- A handicraft/diy store is something i have been thinking of lately
- Fame is not something that i crave for but i want to be in that position one day where people look upto me and get inspired.
- I hate cats (many are gonna hate me for this now) as much as i love dogs.
- The only thing i am scared in life(apart from losing loved ones) are SPIDERS..ehh!!!
- I am born and brought up in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India – a must visit place.
- My choice of movie genre would be- Action-SciFi-Horror-Psychopath-Comedy-Romance.
- As mentioned in one of my posts, i suffer from Periodic Attraction Syndrome(that’s what i named it 😛 ) You can read about it here – IMPERFECTION IS INDIVIDUALITY
- I got three tattoos and i plan on getting more …shhh!!! m glad my dad doesn’t read my blogs
- I love playing board games – business,monopoly,battleship,life,scotland yard,chinese checker,cards,uno you name it and i have played them and i still own all of these back home.
- My mom used to write a lot of poems in Hindi, and i still have that little diary of hers that i read whenever i feel low.
- I have completed my diploma in Indian classical dance form – Bharatnatyam and Kathak
- When i was in my 5th std i was in the Nicobar islands for a vacation where my mom was posted as a school teacher and her house happened to be the first one from the port and the sea was jusy 200mts far from the back door,I was taking a stroll in the beach when i see this baby dolphin wounded on the nose at the shore lying and crying. I just went ahead and hugged it tight and was trying to soothe it and figure out what happened and then with no idea as to what to do i went and called mom and gathered other folks around. Soon there was a large crowd and then the fisheries officials came and did the first aid and took it to the sea and left it. But that first 20 mins that i had with just the dolphin and me is still so fresh in my mind. There is something really magical about these creatures. I want that kind of an encounter again but m sure being lucky with a dolphin a second time in an open sea is only possible in dreams now.
What is your goal of blogging today?
To respond to all those amazing people who have nominated me a range of awards which has been like a shower of love and good words from the blogging world. So yup that is the goal today.
What do you love most about blogging?
I think Blogging is like a blank canvas, you can write, paint whatever you have in your head or whatever is there residing in your heart. You can touch peoples lives through your writing, you can get inspired from others! Its a whole different world, you make this world from scratch the way you want it to, the way you want to live in it.
What is your inspiration for your posts?
Its random, i don’t think that this is the only thing i would be writing. Just like my blog name its a potpourri of different things that i want to talk about. Inspiration could be anything!!!
What do you think about rankings?
Honestly i think it doesn’t matter at all. You should not be focusing on whats your rank to determine how happy you are as a blogger unless you are monetarily thinking about it. I do agree its gives that moment of instant pleasure but let it just keep it that way and not let it affect us.
Do you have a plan for your blog?
Maybe!!! There should be at least some planning like a draft version so that it helps you blog.
What would be your dream campaign?
Hmmm..something like post your pic every Sunday and see how you have grown over a year.
What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
Just write what you want to, don’t think about anything else. Just have fun and passion in what you do, that should work the rest of everything else.
How did you get into blogging?
I have been wanting to and tried and tested this since my graduation days but finally i took the serious step of not quitting it since August 2015. I decided to do things that i love, like writing.
Huh!!! Now that turned out to be a realllyyyyyy longgggggg posttttttttttt!!! 🙂 And am not sad about it, when you keep things on pending list they eventually become a lot. So yeah the next time i am gonna stop postponing such things and be more responsive!! Thank you all for those amazing awards and appreciation. Have a great year ahead both personally and professionally!!!
Now here i go with my list of Nominees!! Congratulations and have fun while doing this post! 🙂 Please answer the following questions
1. State 7 facts about yourself
2. Answer questions related to blogging
3. One strength and one weakness about you
PS: You are free to accept or reject the award(s). No obligation